Thursday, November 8, 2012

Updates

While I still haven't been able to receive material from Meredian, I am working hard to convince Blake that allowing me to purchase the company's PHA would benefit them as well as me. I would be able to accredit Meredian for their great product in my thesis statements that will be viewed by companies I send my portfolio to as well as any publications I send my final concept out to. This exposure would be great in highlighting the company as well and connecting the Meredian name to the future of sustainable design, an objective that I believe we both share.

On another note, I have had a chance to do some model making as well as sketches these past couple weeks:

 


 
This first model is a spoon and knife handle (the blade is not yet represented in this model). It is very ergonomic but not necessarily as functional as the model below.





These models depict a knife and fork combination, where unlike the original concept of the first model, can still be used while the knife is in the closed position.

Now, I am trying to figure out the best design for opening the knife one handed and determining an easy stopper for the blade so that I don't have to worry about creating a whole locking mechanism.




No comments:

Post a Comment